Gluten-free ROCKS!
5:19 PM | Author: Hyla
I really rely on Fred Meyer for the majority of my food purchases. I love the bulk section for raw nuts and seeds, wild rice, grains, etc. The natural foods section is decent and I find myself occasionally surprised with what I find there. For example, I'm doing the Adventure Cleanse Tune-up that I mentioned in a previous post, and one component is to remove gluten. I can't believe I didn't try going gluten-free sooner. I feel fantastic after 3 weeks without it. Anyway, they suggested a gluten-free pasta by Tinkyada which is made from rice. I found it at New Seasons on a visit and fell in love. Probably the BEST pasta I've ever had! So I was super, duper stoked when I was browsing the small gluten-free section of Fred Meyer and discovered that they carry that brand! One package that contains 8 servings runs around $4.00. If you are looking for gluten-free products, I highly recommend Tinkyada. Also, they carry a gluten-free bread that I really like. It is also around $4.00 a loaf and made by Food for Life. It is located in the freezer in the natural foods section. I'm the only one in my family eating gluten-free so one package of those items can easily last me a couple of weeks.
Just a couple of products I'm loving right now that I can get without driving to Portland! Yay!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet touch the ground each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"

Namaste
This entry was posted on 5:19 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: