Vegan Hair Care
11:46 AM | Author: Hyla
This post, while titled vegan hair care, is actually a little deeper. I've decided to spill my heart and soul. I'm about a month away from getting dreadlocks. Yep. You read that right. I've been dreaming of dreadlocks for years. However, about six months ago, my dream became a complete obsession which has so, so many levels. The final motivation to actually DO IT came when I found out that I am going to be laid-off from my somewhat high profile, public service job. I decided that it is time! I don't want to be an old, wrinkly woman sitting in my rocking chair regretting that I didn't do something that felt so true and beautiful in my heart.
Enter the Dread Goddess (aka Stephanie) of Akemi Salon in Portland. While I originally planned to make the dreads a DIY project, I've since reconsidered and have decided to let a professional create my masterpiece. The super cool thing about this salon in particular is that they are a "vegan" salon. They don't use any products that contain animal ingredients and I believe most of the stylists are vegans themselves.
I am plugging the salon a little premature, as I have yet to actually visit it...I have a pre-dread consult scheduled mid-April...but just knowing that the salon is staffed by such conscious and caring individuals, I know I will be in sweet, loving hands.
http://www.akemisalon.com/
This entry was posted on 11:46 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: