End of Summer
3:00 PM | Author: Hyla
Today is the last day of August. As I sit here enjoying fresh baked gluten-free, vegan chocolate zucchini muffins and a cuppa chai, I can't help but wonder where the heck summer went. Literally and figuratively. Its cold, grey and wet outside. The kids head back to school next week but our evenings are already filled with marching band rehearsals and soccer practice. It seems fall has already settled in and that is okay with me. I love, love, love Autumn.
Anyway, a busy summer has limited my ability to keep up with my little blog. Something I hope to make more time for this fall. I look forward to sharing more vegan love.
I will mention a couple of things that have caught my attention in recent weeks... plus a little shameless self promotion. Enjoy!

*I discovered this website a few months ago and really enjoy it. Bonzai Aphrodite is a Portland based site. Great resources, photos, and ideas!

*Last week I had the opportunity to try the new Chinese restaurant here in St. Helens. Happy Garden is located on Gable Road in St. Helens in the same complex as Starbucks and Great Clips. I'm not a big Chinese cuisine fan but was pleasantly surprised to find a decent vegetarian section on the menu. I ordered the Szechuan vegetables with tofu for $9.75. It was a good size portion served with steamed white rice. Might be worth checking out.

*The annual NW VEG Fest is coming up again in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait! I highly recommend checking it out. Lots of vegetarian and vegan education, tasty food, free samples, music, demos, and a really fun vibe. It will be held at the Oregon Convention Center the weekend of September 18th and 19th. Check out their website for more information.

*Shameless promotion time. One of the reasons I've been so busy this summer is because I began teaching four yoga classes each week. I have completed my 200 yoga teacher training program and am in the process of finalizing a few requirements so I can submit my application for certification with the Yoga Alliance. Eager to teach though, I jumped right in! I am currently teaching Monday and Wednesday evenings, in two locations. You can find me at The Vault Climbing Gym and Fitness Center from 5:30-6:30PM or at Pure Serenity Massage from 7-8PM. Also, I will be holding an Autumn Equinox Restorative Yoga class on Thursday, Sept. 23rd. It will be held at Pure Serenity Massage from 7-8:30PM. The cost is $12.00 and limited to the first 10 students that register and prepay. Please email me at colcovegan@yahoo.com if you would like to attend.

All for now,
Namaste
This entry was posted on 3:00 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: