Learning to be lenient
6:03 PM | Author: Hyla
I'm typically an "all or nothing girl". If I'm going to do something, I'm going to DO IT. Hard. All out. No holding back. Except lately in the exercise department, not so much. I've had a few bouts of winter colds the past couple of months, struggle with seasonal affective disorder (self-diagnosed) and am generally just burned out. I haven't run in weeks. Nor have I weight lifted. I have, however, continued doing yoga. I hate to admit it, but I feel good. Even without the hard runs and heavy weights. On one hand, I miss my regular butt kickin' workouts. On the other...I'm enjoying the slower pace. Letting my body just "be". I have struggled with coming to terms with enjoying and accepting the fact that my body appreciates a slower pace. I don't really know where I'm going with this but I am finding some satisfaction and peace in allowing leniency. I am learning to enjoy my body more and not push so hard.
Hmm...maybe I'm getting old. HA!
Make time to slow down and celebrate being you!
Namaste
|
This entry was posted on 6:03 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: