Summer's Bounty
2:44 PM | Author: Hyla
Whew. Summer is flying by! The best part though is the abundance of fresh, homegrown veggies! I picked my first small handfull of cherry tomatoes last night for my salad, which was also homegrown (not by me though). The night before I made a fantastic sweet potato, black bean and kale enchilada with kale I'm growing. This year, I'm very determined to eat everything that I grow and am hoping that I am able to can what I can't immediately eat. I've also started planning for some early fall crops to help keep me in fresh veggies until fall! I don't have a huge space for gardening but I try to make the best of it and stick to things that I know I will use. Even though I tend to eat lighter during the summer months, I'm excited to try some new recipes!
One of my recent food obsessions is Thai food. And specifically, spring rolls. I can't get enough of the spring rolls from Kuy's. Four cost $5.95. On the menu they are chicken spring rolls, but if you ask, they will omit the chicken or replace it with tofu. The filling consists of lettuce, carrots, bean sprouts, and green onion. They also come with a light dipping sauce. As simple as that seems, I can't seem to recreate them at home. I keep trying though! I've been experimenting and even adding some rice noodles since I'm still trying (off and on) to eat mostly gluten-free.

Namaste
This entry was posted on 2:44 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: