I have stuffed myself big-time this week while I've been on vacation. I don't eat many sweets and since I've been back on the gluten-free kick, not even breads, what else is there for me to fill up on? Umm...tortilla chips and vodka. ( Yep. Vodka. Everyone has their vices right??) While on vacation, it is kind of a free for all. However, now that my week off is coming to an end, I'm ready to get back to my normal, lighter diet! And, some serious toxin release!
I had a fantastic weekend with family and friends and was talking to a few of them just this morning about gluten/wheat free diets. I know I go back and forth...it is soooo challenging. But the gal I was talking to is from Mexico and we were discussing corn products. Mainly corn tortillas. Funny thing is, they have become a huge staple in my diet as I have been eliminating the wheat. Even better is I recently heard a suggestion about making a mix of masa flour and water and spreading it on a griddle. I've been addicted! It creates this soft, thick tortilla that is light, a little chewy and pliable. Super easy too! I've also been eating a ton of Asian style meals...stir-fry's, tofu, rice and rice noodles, and spring rolls. I am finding that it is way easier to eat gluten-free if I stick to other cultures. (Except for Italian!)
My plan this week is a bit of a detox. Lots of green juice/smoothies, salads, water, tea and yoga. In the meantime, I'm going to drink a couple glasses of wine and make a gluten-free pizza!

Namaste
This entry was posted on 6:13 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: