Am I the Only One?
8:08 AM | Author: Hyla
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if I'm the only vegetarian in the area! Well, not entirely, because I have recently met another. But for the longest time, I have felt isolated in my little veg world. This site was born from my need to find a connection to others in the the South Columbia County area that are on a similar path. I really hope people know that this site is not just for vegetarians or vegans. I know there are many people exploring gluten-free diets, trying to eat more organic or local produce, curious about Slow Foods, trying to heal their bodies through nutrition...please help me spread the word to anyone you know that is interested in health and wellness through holistic nutrition!

The other purpose is to share information and tips on local resources that can help support our lifestyle. Whether it be a product, a restaurant, a community event, whatever! If you have any suggestions or tips for me to check out, please let me know.

I did want to share with readers that one of the best breads on the planet can be found locally at Safeway and Fred Meyer. I picked up this loaf of Ezekiel 4:9 whole grain sprouted bread for $3.99 at Safeway last night. The only downside (other than the price) is that it does contain naturally occurring gluten found in whole grains, like wheat. Sorry gluten-free friends!

One slice contains 80 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein. It's glycemic index is 36 and it is certified organic by QAI. It is made from sprouted wheat, barley, millet, lentils, soybeans and spelt. No flour! And, according to their website, contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein from vegetable sources.

It is located in the freezer section and should be stored in the refrigerator.
"By letting go, it all gets done."
-Lao-Tzu
Namaste
This entry was posted on 8:08 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: